As your design work on your great new project is wrapping up, you realize that you need an enclosure.
In the past, when time was tight you would have to purchase a standard box and then send it out to either your local job shop or the shop in the back of your facility to have the holes and slots put in for such things as connectors, power cords, readouts, or whatever else might be needed. This was either expensive or pulled your employees away from other jobs that they could be doing, but you really didn’t have a choice because getting a custom product out of a typical enclosure manufacturer was harder than getting a bill through Congress.
Today, you have a great alternative – Bud Industries has pioneered rapid turnaround for modifications to its broad line of standard enclosures. Here are the quick steps to making it happen:
- First, use Bud’s enclosure product selector to choose the product that best matches your needs.
- Then, check with Bud or your local distributor to be sure it is in stock.
- Once you’ve found the right enclosure, send us a drawing of required modifications to the box. Of course CAD or 3D models are great, but Bud can also work with as little as a sketch.
- When we have received your information, we’ll quickly get a quote out to you.
- As soon as you place your order, Bud will rapidly create a detailed drawing for you to approve.
- Once you confirm the drawings, Bud will complete your customized order in 6 days for the first run, and 5 days for repeat orders.
This is two to three times faster than most enclosure suppliers, and covers holes, slots, or other cut-outs in the enclosure. Note that there is no premium charge for this service – It is just Bud’s every day great service.
Additional modifications are also available and include silk screening, plating, special colors, and even special dimensions. Just note that these might add a bit more time to your order.
If you’d like more information on rapid turnaround enclosures or other enclosure modifications, please contact your local Bud distributor or the Bud factory sales team – we’ll be happy to help!
For more information on the Bud HP series and Bud’s complete line of plastics and metal enclosures, check our website at https://www.budind.com/ or call us at (440) 946-3200.